Terms and Conditions for Bath & Bristol Environmental Services
Between you (‘the customer’) and Bath and Bristol Environmental Services
Bath and Bristol Environmental Services issue these terms and conditions to protect both parties. These terms reflect our commitment to a high standard of workmanship, quality service and best industry practices.
Our business aims are:
- To ensure that pest control and specialist cleaning work is carried out in accordance with both the best and latest industry codes of practice and conforms to all regulations and statutory requirements.
- To provide our customers with a prompt and professional service.
- To respond to all calls on the same day, to attend appointments on time and in the event that we should happen to be delayed, to telephone our customers as a matter of courtesy to explain our position.
- To promote a professional and responsible image of our company whilst portraying the pest control industry in the best possible light at all times.
- To deal with any complaints quickly and ensure that these are satisfactorily resolved.
Contract Terms and Conditions
GENERAL: Use of any of our services or products constitutes acceptance of these terms and conditions.
- THE CUSTOMER
THE CUSTOMER means the customer as specified at the top of the Service Agreement.
THE CUSTOMER will make payments to Bath and Bristol Environmental Services as agreed in either the quote that is issued or Service Agreement.
* Bath & Bristol Environmental Services is a trading name of Bristol & Bath Pest Control Ltd – remove this??
Payment must be made either at the time of the treatment (for one off treatments), or within 14 days of our invoice date for all contract or account customers. Payment can be made via cash, cheque, BACS, debit or credit card (subject to a 2.5% surcharge on credit card payments)
- Bath and Bristol Environmental Services – Pest Control Service
- a)The pest control service will be carried out in a professional manner at regular intervals as specified in the service agreement. The technician will use and apply pesticides and monitoring devices, as they deem appropriate on each visit. Any infestation covered by the agreement and discovered during a visit will be treated immediately.
- b)The technician will report to the site contact on each visit and will leave a written report on the findings, treatments and recommendations made during the inspection.
- c)Additional visits/treatments to control the pests specified on the service agreement will be carried out free of charge. Other treatments will be discussed with the customer and priced before the treatment takes place and will only be carried out with the consent of the customer or his agent.
- THE CUSTOMER’S obligations – Pest Control Service
- a)To minimise pest incidence by carrying out in reasonable time those recommendations made by the pest control technician (see 3b above)
- b)To provide access for Bath and Bristol Environmental Services representatives to carry out its services at any reasonable time or as specified.
- c)To make payment at the time of the treatment for one off treatments and to make payment of all invoices within 14 days of the invoice date for account clients.
5.1 The price for services and/or products is specified in the Service Contract.
5.2 The price for visits/treatments required to complete the work is as specified in the Service Contract.
5.3 The customer will pay interest on all late payments at the rate of 10% per annum from the date of the invoice if not paid in accordance with paragraph 2 above.
5.4 Bath and Bristol Environmental Services are entitled to recover all reasonable expenses incurred in obtaining payment from the customer where any payment due is late.
5.5 The customer is not entitled to withhold any money that is due to Bath and Bristol Environmental Services for work that has been carried out.
5.6 Bath and Bristol Environmental Services are entitled to vary the price if appropriate to take into account:
- Any additional services/treatments/visits requested by the customer which were not included in the original service contract.
- Any increase in the cost of treatments
5.7 Any additional work required to complete services which were not anticipated at the time of the services contract, and any variation must be intimated by the customer in writing to Bath & Bristol Environmental Services.
Bath and Bristol Environmental Services does not accept any liability for loss, damage or injury to any domestic animals, livestock, birds, goods or equipment unless the loss, damage or injury was occasioned by negligence of themselves or their staff. Notice of such loss, damage or injury must be notified in writing to Bath and Bristol Environmental Services within 7 (seven) days of occurrence.
For avoidance of unnecessary call-outs please note:
In the case of Wasps, Flies, Fleas, Bedbugs, Garden Ants and other crawling insects, insecticides applied will have immediate effect in reducing insect activity. However, this is dependent upon the insects present at the time of treatment. A presence of insects a few hours or days after treatment is normal and should not cause alarm.
In the case of treatment against rodents such as Rats, Mice or Squirrels, a few days will elapse after application of bait and/or traps before the treatment will become effective. Bath and Bristol Environmental Services do not remove carcasses from premises unless easily accessible and/or previously agreed. We can however remove/find them for a charge levied to the CUSTOMER.
This contract may be terminated by Bath and Bristol Environmental Services forthwith if THE CUSTOMER is in breach of any of his/her obligations under this contract or (being a Company) goes into liquidation or if THE CUSTOMER shall commit an Act of Bankruptcy or have any receiving order made against him/her or shall make any arrangement with his/her creditors or any assignment for the benefit of such creditors or if distress or execution shall be levied or threatened upon any of THE CUSTOMER’S property or any judgement against THE CUSTOMER shall remain unsatisfied for more than 14 (fourteen) days. THE CUSTOMER may only assign the burden of this contract with the written consent of Bath and Bristol Environmental Services.
The service agreement is binding for 1 (one) year from the start date and shall continue unless terminated at the end of the first year or any subsequent invoicing quarter subject to 1 (one) quarter’s prior notice in writing. THE CUSTOMER will be liable to half (50%) of the premiums that would become due up to the end of the contract period plus any premiums overdue up to the date of cancellation.